Monday, March 2, 2009

Château Moulinet Pomerol 2005

(as part of a fine wine tasting)

A Merlot-dominated right-bank claret from 2005. I think it was too young - it had a bitter taste that I basically couldn't get past. There was definitely tannin present, but I don't know if that caused the bitterness as well. Someone thought it might have been corked, but I don't think so, there was no musty, cardboard odour/flavour of cork taint.

Supposedly it's at its best after 2011. I'm going to reserve judgement on this wine, because I don't know what's causing the bitterness.

Château Moulinet
Pomerol 2005
Bordeaux, France
Waitrose
£30

1 comment:

  1. A Merlot-dominated right-bank claret from 2005. I think it was too young - it had a bitter taste that I basically couldn't get past. Burgundy wine

    ReplyDelete