Thursday, March 19, 2009

La Chasse du Pape Reserve Cotes du Rhone 2007

I thought I'd try this Rhone wine, even though I don't normally like them, because 2007 was supposed to be a superb vintage in the Rhone.  Yes, this is an entry-level wine and may not be the best expression of Rhone valley grapes.  However, the quality of the vintage should shine through, shouldn't it?

For me, nothings really changed.  It still tastes like a cheap Cotes du Rhone.  With enough swirling and sniffing a reasonably decent cherry fruit character can be detected in the nose, and it is drinkable.  There is a slightly bitter aftertaste however.

I can't say it's not decent value for money though, and obviously there are people that enjoy this style of wine.

La Chasse du Pape Reserve Cotes de Rhone
AC Cotes du Rhone, Rhone Valley, France
Tesco
£4.76 (£5.96)
2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment