Thursday, December 10, 2009

M. Chapoutier 'Belleruche' Cotes du Rhone 2007

I ordered a couple of bottle of this (among others) a couple of weeks ago from Majestic, and it looks like it's already sold out, or it's sold out enough to not be offered nationally.

2007 was a good vintage for the Rhone. Actually I can say from my own experience the South is good, haven't tried any Northern Rhone wines yet from 2007. Cotes du Rhone can be hit or miss with me, but this is a good producer and a good vintage.

The wine is good. Dark, almost burnt red fruit and some good tannin. High alcohol (14.5% - par for the course really) but good complexity and finish. For a generic appellation wine this is pretty good. Not my favourite of the Rhone reds I've been drinking recently but I'd buy it again, especially at this price (£5.99 on offer).

'Belleruche' Cotes du Rhone 2007
Rhone, France
Majestic
£5.99 (£7.49)
3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment