Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sainsbury's Taste the Difference 12 Year Old Dry Amontillado Sherry

Yes, another Sherry. I just can't help myself, and I'm not even finished!

This wine, from Lustau once again, sports several awards on its label. IWC trophy, IWC gold, IWC best in class. Must be good then.

It is good, but for some reason I didn't enjoy it as much as some other ones I've had recently. It had a slight sour note to it I thought. Perhaps it is also a bit rich, and would have been better appreciated with food, whereas I had it on its own. Good price, too.

UPDATE: I tried this again recently. I've introduced this style of Sherry to my brother-in-law, and now he's addicted to it. Since Waitrose was all out of their Solera Jerezana Palo Cortado, I settled for this. I seemed to appreciate it more this time. I found it had some intense fruit and spice notes (oranges and cloves), and went down rather well.

Sainsbury's
Taste the Difference 12 Year Old Dry Amontillado Sherry
Jerez, Spain
£6.63
3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment