Monday, March 8, 2010

Fairleigh Estate Chardonnay 2008

I took advantage of Majestic's new policy of allowing a minimum 6 bottle in-store purchase the other day. They currently have a sale on New Zealand wines so I picked up a few whites.

This Chardonnay was one of them. In general New Zealand whites are a favourite of mine. I had no reason to think this one was any good, except it had good reviews from the punters on Majestic's website. It was also on for £5.99.

It's quite good actually. I wouldn't say it's my ideal Chardonnay - it doesn't have the smooth buttery oak that I like. It's more fruit driven, but instead of the watery pina colada that this price range normally serves up, this is rich and flavourful - a class above.

This is actually produced by Wither Hills.

Fairleigh Estate
Chardonnay 2008
Marlborough, New Zealand
Majestic
£5.99 when you buy 2 (£7.99)
3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment