Monday, November 22, 2010

Brewery Hill Shiraz 2008

This is the third bottle from my Naked Wines taster pack.

I don't mean to be flippant, but it basically does what it says on the tin. It's Aussie Shiraz. It's quite full-on too - really rich fruit, high in alcohol but not ridiculous at 14% - despite what the image says - my bottle says 14%, not that I really mind anyway.

Apparently 90% of Naked Wine's sales are to its 'Angels' - basically members who pay into their account and can use the money to purchase wines. When they make a purchase they get 33% cash back, so if you're an Angel this wine only costs you £5.27 instead of the list price of £7.99. Not bad value - I was wondering where the 'preferential rates' they advertise were. Now we know, and I would much rather give my money to a small, independent winemaker than a huge drinks conglomerate.

Brewery Hill
Shiraz 2008
South Eastern Australia
£7.99
3/5

1 comment: