Thursday, November 4, 2010

LIDL Montepulciano D'Abruzzo 2008

Friends of ours brought this wine over last weekend for our Hallowe'en party.

Yesterday was one of our wine club evenings, and the theme was Riesling (blog post coming soon), so I was avoiding red wine. Miriam opened this wine for dinner, and I helped her finish it after the tasting.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. It seemed really fresh and lively, with a good streak of acidity throughout it and really drinkable. Perhaps my mouth was a bit sensitive to acid after tasting 6 classy but young and acidic Rieslings, but this went down really well. I really should taste it again before rating it, but first impressions do count for a lot.

I'm not sure what the price is, but most likely under £5.

LIDL
Montepulciano D'Abruzzo
Abruzzo, Italy
3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment