Monday, November 8, 2010

Sainsbury's Brut Rosé Champagne

Continuing on with our tradition of drinking rosé wine while watching the Formula One race, Random Aussie Bloke upped the ante by bringing over this Sainsbury's own-label pink Champagne.

It's actually made by Duval-Leroy, of which I am a fan. To be honest, I've only ever had their 2002 vintage Blanc de Blancs, but I thought it was one of the best value sparkling wines I've ever had (at the offer price that is).

This rosé is a blend of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, and is pretty good, notable the lively acidity and strawberry flavours. I'm not a Champagne expert, but I think it's safe to say that it's good value at £19.99. Rosé Champagne can be a bit overpriced I think, but this certainly isn't.

Sainsbury's
Brut Rosé Champagne
Champagne AOC, France
£19.99
3/5



No comments:

Post a Comment