Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Peller Estates Signature Series Ice Cuvée

This is an interesting-looking sparkling wine from the Niagra region of Ontario, Canada. It's called "Ice Cuvée" because the dosage is done using icewine.

I picked this up at the duty free shop in Pearson airport in Toronto for £26 CAN. That shop, I must say, has a much better selection of Canadian wines than any LCBO I've been in. I could have stayed in there for hours.

Anyways, back to the wine. It's a traditional method sparkling wine made with traditional varieties - Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. It had a pleasant touch of sweetness about it, and was quite moreish. It seemed to go down well with everyone around the table, including myself. I freely admit that I probably have a bit of Canadian bias about me, but I enjoyed it more than I have other non-Champagne sparklers recently, notably ones from Chile and England.

Peller Estates
Signature Series Ice Cuvée NV VQA
Niagra, Ontario, Canada
Pearson Airport Duty Free
$26 CAN
3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment