Monday, December 22, 2008

Chapel Down Century Extra Dry NV

On a visit to the Chapel Down winery and shop, I decided on this sparkler as my purchase of the day. I find English wine quite acidic, and I figured that the extra sweetness might offset the acidity a little bit, and perhaps make it a nice match for an oriental starter.

I'm glad I chose it, because I really enjoyed it. I wouldn't say it's sweet, just off-dry, which is a style I really like, but probably not for fans of bone dry wines only. I also find English wine expensive to the point of being overpriced, and this is probably borderline (although nothing like the Chapel Down vintage offering we also tried which cost over £30 and was terrible, in my opinion).

Chapel Down
Century Extra Dry NV
Tenterden, Kent, England
£16.99
3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment