Monday, December 22, 2008

La Cave de Turckheim Gewürztraminer 2007

If you've never had a Gewurztraminer before, this is a good one to try.  Forget about any preconceptions you have about white wine, this will change all that.  The nose is usually described as "lychees", but I can't remember the last time I ate a lychee fruit, so I'll stick with "floral", which I think describes it best.  It really does smell like flowers.  It also has a rich flavour that may make you think it's sweet, but is in fact quite dry.

This is produced by a co-op in Alsace, France which has to be one of my favourite wine regions.  I love the wines of this region, especially for their food-matching ability.  If you like this, you should also give these other Alsace varietials a try: Riesling, Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc, or blends thereof.

Gewurztraminer
Waitrose
£7.99
3/5


No comments:

Post a Comment