Monday, December 29, 2008

La Chapelle de Pitray, Côtes de Castillon 2005

La Chapelle de Pitray is one of the lesser wines of the Cotes de Castillon estate Chateau de Pitray. It is produced from a blend of Merlot and Cabernet Franc and vat matured.

I have a bit of a soft spot for this wine. It is probable the first decent "cheap" Bordeaux I tried since I became interested in wine, and I'm also a fan of their "Premier Vin", which offers similar value for money. The property itself is gorgeous (see link below) - I will have to visit some day.

This is a very fruity, light to medium bodied wine that is great for everyday drinking. Frequently it's marked down a little bit to under £5 a bottle, but £5.99 is still good value.

Chateau de Pitray
La Chapelle de Pitray 2005
Côtes de Castillon AOC, Bordeaux, France
Majestic
£5.99
3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment