Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tesco Finest Barbera d'Asti Superiore 2004

The first time I tried this wine, it was horribly and very obviously corked. I tried to return it to Tesco for a refund or exchange, and was told that they couldn't do that without the receipt, which I didn't have. I thought this was a bit unreasonable, considering it's a "Tesco Finest" wine. Where else would I have bought it? I guess company policy is company policy, but you think they could have stretched the rules a bit in the name of good customer service.

I liked this wine. It is quite rich and savoury, with a core of almost sweet fruit. It's heavier than other Barberas I've had in the same price range. 2004 was also a good vintage for Piedmontese reds.

Tesco
Tesco Finest Barbera d'Asti Superiore 2004
Piedmont, Italy
£31.29 (£39.84) 6 bottle case
3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment