Saturday, February 21, 2009

Tim Adams Semillion 2005

This wine was Oz Clarke's number 1 pick in his wine buying guide for 2006. So naturally I ran out and bought a case of 6 from Tesco. That was 2 years ago and I still had 2 bottles left. I'd never had Australian Semillon before, at least not on its own. It's usually blended with either Chardonnay or, like white Bordeaux, with Sauvignon Blanc.

When I first tried it I thought it was very odd. It seemed to taste different with every sip, and I wasn't sure if I liked it. I'm still not sure to be honest. This particular wine is supposed to age quite well, and I'm not sure if 2 years has made much of a difference. It's still acidic enough to run your car battery on, and there is still a pronounced oaky nose and flavour to it. It's interesting to say the least. I'd say it's a good food wine.

I'm going to let my last bottle age for a couple of years longer and see what happens.

Tim Adams
Semillion 2005
Clare Valley, Australia
Tesco
£9
3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment