Sunday, February 22, 2009

Tesco Finest Tingleup Riesling 2008

Ever heard of the "Great Southern" region of Australia? I haven't, but that's not saying much. The thing is, my Australian friends haven't either. That's not to say it doesn't exist, it does, and it produces a mighty fine Riesling for Tesco.

This wine is probably the closest thing to German Riesling from the new world that I've tried. It's off-dry and soft, without a high-alcohol biting edge or that annoying tropical fruit flavour you sometimes get with warmer climate Rieslings,.

I'd say Dr. Loosen Dr. L just pips this in the battle of the bargain-basement Rieslings, but I think I've just acquired a new favourite.

Tesco
Tesco Finest Tingleup Riesling 2008
Great Southern Region, Western Australia
Tesco
£6.99
4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment