Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Malborough Sauvignon Blanc 2008

It's coming up on summer, and that means white wine season.  It's also the start of asparagus season, which means Sauvignon Blanc.

We like Sauvignon Blanc in our house, and it may even be possible we've drank a bit too much of it in previous years, so our intake has dropped somewhat.  Prices are going up as well, with decent brands now going for around the £8 mark.

For my first Sauvignon Blanc of the summer, I opted for this.  Why, I'm not really sure - I guess I have some confidence in Sainsbury's Taste the Difference range.  I remember having tried it before, and liking it, so why not?

I actually found it to be a bit average.  It has the fresh, distinctive flavours of Kiwi Sauvignon Blanc and a decent zing from the acidity but nothing else really stands out.  I expect more for £8. I'll give it a 3 but I think it's a bit overpriced.  However that may be down to the poor economy, exchange rates, etc.

I'm actually keen to try some of the more upmarket single vineyard wines coming out as the lower price point wines are starting to bore me a bit. Anyone have any decent recommendations?

Sainsbury's
Taste the Difference Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2008
Marlborough, New Zealand
£7.99
3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment