Monday, June 15, 2009

Bonterra Vineyards Rosé 2007

I really appreciate Bonterra's Chardonnay, so naturally I wanted to try their rosé. It's a bit pricey at £9.99, so I waited patiently until it was on offer at Waitrose for two-thirds the price.

Like a lot of new world rosés surfacing these days, this tends toward a more medium-bodied style. I'm not really sure why this is. It was pleasant enough - a good rosé to me drinks like a white wine but with notes of red berry fruit, which this resembles. However, I think anything would have tasted good immediately following this, which was the case here.

The label didn't mention anything about the grape varieties involved, so I had to resort to the Waitrose website. It's apparently mostly Sangiovese, along with some Zinfandel and Grenache.

A bit expensive at regular price, but a good deal at the current offer price.

Rosé 2007
Mendocino, California
Waitrose
£6.66 (£9.99)
3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment