Thursday, July 30, 2009

Canaletto Montepulciano d'Abruzzo 2007

I had forgotten where I bought this, but I'm pretty sure it was Sainsbury's. I have also forgotten the price, but I think it was somewhere between £4 and £5. According to mysupermarket.co.uk, the regular price is £6.49.

I find the wine a bit ho-hum. On one hand it's fruity and spicy, on the other it has a faint dishwater (cheap) character, and a bit of a sour finish. I think it was better yesterday when I opened it, where it went perfectly well with our Fusilli alla Amatriciana. I'm also not sure if I put the screwcap back on tight last night - it seemed loose.

Verdict: OK for a cheap wine for a pasta dish, but not at full price.

Montepulciano d'Abruzzo 2007
Abruzzo, Italy
Sainsbury's
~£4 (£6.49)
2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment