Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Domaine du Vieux Vauvert Vouvray 2007

This is an affordable, medium-dry white made in the Loire Valley in France from Chenin Blanc grapes.

I wouldn't say it has massive amounts of character, but its tingling acidity and residual sugar make it a fine food wine. It kind of reminds me of an Australian Riesling - all lime and acid.

I bought it because I wanted something that would go with my spicy ginger chicken, and also cheese (I'm trying to learn about cheese, but that's another story...), and I would buy it again if I was looking for something versatile.

I like this style of wine, mostly for its versatility at the table. This particular one is made exclusively for Waitrose.

Domaine du Vieux Vauvert Vouvray 2007
Vouvray AOC, Loire, France
Waitrose
£6.99
3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment