Friday, July 17, 2009

Oyster Bay Chardonnay 2008

I bought this from Sainsbury's at the same time I bought this. I had wanted to try it for a while now, but just never got around to it. As usual, the offer price drew me to it (£5.99 down from £8.99).

This is a decent wine. It has good acidity and a well rounded body of fruit. This style of wine isn't what I'd normally drink, it just doesn't really do it for me. I find it a bit neutral and lacking in character. Sipping away at it though, I think I could get used to it - it's not without its merits. It's a useful food wine at a good price (the offer price that is), and it would be a good wine to serve if you needed a white and were in a pinch.

Chardonnay 2008
Marlborough, New Zealand
Sainsbury's
£5.99 (£8.99)
3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment