Sunday, August 30, 2009

Alain Grignon Viognier 2008

Background context info here.

After trying Viognier only a handful of times of the last couple of years, I've decided that it's a "take it or leave it" type of wine for me. I can appreciate it, but it probably won't be my first choice on the wine list.

This one makes a good summer afternoon sipping wine though. It certainly doesn't lack character - strong aromas of peach and apricot and a palate to match, along with a smooth, creamy texture.

This bottle has been open for a couple of days now, and the wine is starting to take on a bitter flavour, which is not doing it any favours. However that is my own fault for not finishing it up sooner!

Alain Grignon
Viognier 2008
Languedoc, VdP d'Oc, France
Majestic
£6.99
3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment