Saturday, August 15, 2009

Andes Peaks Reserva Chardonnay 2008

I was in The Grape Shop today, and I asked the proprietor for a good Chardonnay. I took the cheapest one he recommended because I was looking for an everyday-type wine, and it was this Chilean Chardonnay from the Casablanca Valley.

I found this wine a bit odd. It has the creamy texture of an oak-aged Chardonnay, but the nose and palate show some of the grassy, green characteristics of a Sauvignon Blanc. At first I was half-wondering if they got the label wrong. As it warmed up though, you get some more traditional citrus and pear flavours, and also some starchy (rice) hints.

Initally a bit weird, but overall pretty good.

Andes Peaks
Chardonnay Reserva 2008
Casablanca Valley, Chile
The Grape Shop
£7.75
3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment