Saturday, August 29, 2009

Bay of Fires Tigress Rosé NV


Outside of Champagne, my two favourite regions for sparkling wine are Burgundy (Crémant de Bourgogne) and Tasmania. You can usually get pretty good bottles from these regions for about £8 - £12. So, a Tasmanian sparkler for £4.99? It must be crap right?

No - it isn't. This is part of a one-off parcel that Majestic somehow conjured up. It's a blend of Champagne varieties Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. The label says strawberries, toast and mushrooms. I don't get the toast and mushrooms (but I never do), but I get strawberry jam. A perfectly good wine, and a ridiculous bargain. I just ordered a case.

PS - if Majestic runs out of stock, you can always pick it up at Channel 4's wine club for £20...

Tigress Rosé NV
Tasmania, Australia
Majestic
£4.99
3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment