Saturday, August 29, 2009

Paul Mas Estate Cabernet Sauvignon 2007

I don't get Paul Mas. His wines have been the subject of praise from wine writers over the last couple of years. In fact, my very first blog post was a Paul Mas wine. I didn't like it, and I don't really like this one either.

My brother in law described this wine as "smooth". I guess that makes it good? Frankly, I don't want "smooth" in a Cabernet Sauvignon. I want jagged tannins and piercing fruit. If I wanted smooth I'd go for a Beaujoulais. That's just me - I guess there's nothing wrong with this. Maybe it's miles better than any other Cabernet produced in the Languedoc? Feel free to explain it to me...

Estate Cabernet Sauvignon 2007
Languedoc, VdP d'Oc, France
Majestic
£6.49 (when you buy 2 or more, regular £7.99)
2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment