Monday, September 21, 2009

Waimea Estate Pinot Gris 2008

I bought two bottles of this on a recent trip to Devon. One we drank down there, and the other I brought back to London with me. The one we drank there didn't make much of an impression on me - it didn't go well with the food we were having and I just wasn't in the mood for it.

I opened the second bottle last week, and I only had a small glass of it, which I enjoyed much more this time around. My cousin drank the rest of it (and obviously enjoyed it). I wasn't going to bother blogging about it - sometimes you just can't be bothered or just don't have anything to say.

I just noticed however that this wine won a gold medal at the 2009 Decanter World Wine Awards, which is worth noting. Apologies for not having much more to say about it - like I said I wasn't planning to blog this. My score reflects the overall enjoyment factor of everyone at the table, rather than any individual scrutiny I would usually put it under.

UPDATE: Just had a bottle of the 2009, and it is a really nice wine. Deserves the 4/5 score. Not cheap but worth the money. Good stuff.

Waimea Estate
Pinot Gris 2008
Nelson, New Zealand
Majestic
£8.99 (£10.99)
4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment