Friday, October 23, 2009

Clos de Los Siete 2007

This wine is a blend of Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Syrah masterminded by the famed 'flying winemaker' Michel Rolland.

I've had this a couple of times before, but this is the first time I've blogged about it. I opened a bottle right before dinner (steak - cliche I know), and I was actually all set to write it off as an overripe, sweet blown-up new world bore, but I'm not going to - for the simple reason that a couple of hours later it has opened up and and now tastes like a different wine.

When it comes to red wine, I tend to prefer blends, especially with new world wines. They are generally more interesting and complex. This wine, being a blend of 4 grapes is just that - a mix of licorice, cherries, gravelly stones and sturdy tannins. Decant.

Clos de Los Siete 2007
Medoza, Argentina
Waitrose
£11.39 (online)
4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment