Friday, October 16, 2009

Domaine du Joncier 'Le Classique' Lirac 2007

Most of what I have to say about this wine I've already said in my post about the 2006 vintage. The 2007 is now available and it's on offer at Waitrose for just over £7 per bottle. 2007 is being touted as an outstanding vintage for southern Rhone, and because I was so impressed with the 2006 I ordered an entire case of 12 of the 2007.

I opened a bottle a couple of days ago just to try it. Unfortunately, it was right after a wine tasting, so my palate was a bit dulled. I picked up where I left off the following day however, and the wine didn't disappoint. This is one of the things that Waitrose excels at - wines for under £10 that punch well above their weight. Highly recommended.

Domaine du Joncier
'Le Classique' Lirac 2007
Lirac, Rhone, France
Waitrose
£7.11 (with 25% off)
4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment