Saturday, December 26, 2009

Waitrose Solera Jerezana Dry Amontillado Sherry

I don't know if any one's noticed but I've been on a bit of a sherry bender recently. I've never taken really to Fino-style sherry - I mean it's OK but I don't get excited about it. I like Oloroso, but I've recently discovered Amontillado, which to me is a lot more versatile than Fino or Oloroso.

Amontillado is good on its own or with food, isn't too rich, and ranges from dry and tangy to rich and nutty - you just have to find the right one for you.

This one from Waitrose (courtesy of Lustau) is a good bet. It leans toward the dry and tangy end of the spectrum, and has a tasty, nutty finish. Good quality for a very reasonable price.

Waitrose
Solera Jerezana Dry Amontillado Sherry
Jerez, Spain
£7.99
3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment