Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sainsbury's Manzanilla Superior Sherry

I think this is probably more what I was expecting from a Manzanilla than this. This is light, fresh tasting and 15% alcohol.

It's always worth checking the label on supermarket own-label wines. This is produced by Lustau (a bit of a recurring theme I know), who pretty much always deliver quality Sherry. Lustau doesn't do all of Sainbury's own-label Sherry, but the ones they do that I've tried have always been very good.

This is a bargain at only £5.99. It also has a Decanter World Wine Awards silver medal, which is a good indicator of quality.

I personally prefer Amontillado/Oloroso style sherries, but this is a fine example of the lighter, flor-developed style for a great price.

UPDATE: This is really growing on me. Had another bottle of it last week, and I'm really starting to appreciate it, especially for that price. Upgrade to a 3.5.

Sainsbury's
Manzanilla Superior Sherry
SanlĂșcar de Barrameda, Spain
£5.49
3.5/5

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog. Thanks for sharing the Sainsbury's Manzanilla Superior Sherry review. Would try it. Hope it tastes well with sushi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hampers,

    Never tried Sherry with sushi - however my favourite match for sushi is German Riesling - it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete