Monday, January 18, 2010

Oddbins Own White 2008

It's been awhile since I made my risotto, which requires a cheap white in the recipe. One for the risotto, one for me, etc....

This time I dropped into my local Oddbins for a bottle of their own-label white wine. In truth, I wanted to look for some other stuff as well, but I thought this white would be a good one because after I used the glass or so needed for the recipe, the rest would be drinkable.

In fact, the wine is quite good. It's a blend of white grapes from the Languedoc region of France. Well-chilled, it's remarkably fresh, crisp and tart, a bit grassy, and refreshing.

I like the Oddbins own-label range. The rosé is fantastic. The red is so-so, not really my style but I think it would appeal to a lot of people. It's good to see quality wines offered for less than a fiver by this company.

Made for Oddbins by Paul Mas.

Oddbins
Oddbins Own White 2008
Languedoc, France
£3.99 (£4.49)
3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment