Saturday, February 20, 2010

Cave de Tain Les Hauts de Pavieres Crozes-Hermitage 2007

Cave de Tain Crozes-Hermitage used to be a bit of a favourite around here a few years ago, and then for whatever reason fell off the radar. Sainsbury's offers a Cave de Tain bottling, and we used to pick it up whenever it was on offer. I think the last time I had it didn't really enjoy it for whatever reason, perhaps my tastes have moved on.

Come to think of it, I can't really remember the last time I really enjoyed a red from the Northern Rhone. I find the wines quite lean, which in itself is fine, but they also seem to lack fruit. This example is no different. The peppery Syrah notes are there (it's made from 100% Syrah), and it has good acidity and some minerally, gravelly notes. It's a fine food wine actually, but I wouldn't say it's one of my favourite regions. Good if this is your thing.

Les Hauts de Pavieres Crozes-Hermitage 2007
Rhone Valley, France
Waitrose
£7.99 (£9.99)
3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment