Friday, April 16, 2010

Dona Paulina Merlot 2009

Both Dona Paulina Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon get rave reviews from Wine Society customers. They are both under £5, and if the reviews are to be believed, ideal candidates for glugging or party wine (at least that's what I would buy them for).

I didn't really like the Merlot. Yes, it's fresh, fruity and juicy, but I just don't like the flavour - a bit of a cheap taste comes through, and my days of buying wine like this are pretty much over. However, considering you can pay £8 for something like this from the supermarket makes it good value. A lot of people like this sort of wine. I don't, not because I'm a snob but because I know I can get something I would enjoy much more for maybe another pound.

Dona Paulina
Merlot 2009
Rapel Valley, Chile
The Wine Society
£4.75
2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment