Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Chateau des Charmes Estate Bottled Riesling 2007

My sister was over to visit from Canada recently, and she brought me this Niagara-region Riesling. It's from the same producer that makes this red, which I thought was a bit weak. However, whites are more Ontario's strong point, so I was open-minded about this.

This was in fact a lovely wine. It has all the necessary ingredients - the citrus, the acid, even the kerosene notes that I love. It was a lighter style, but that's fine (more German than say, Clare Valley), the important thing being it has the required varietal character that makes us love this grape.

From what I can gather the price is between $12 and $13 CDN. Pretty darned reasonable if you ask me. A success.

Estate Bottled Riesling 2007
VQA, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada
~$12-13
3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment