Friday, July 9, 2010

Domaine de la Motte Chablis Cuveé Vieilles Vignes 2008

I was sent this wine in the post from Burgundy Wines (I think), as a result of not being able to honour an invitation to the 24th Annual Chablis Contest in London. In a remarkable coincidence, it happened to be the wine of a producer that I had recently discovered.

The producer is Domaine de la Motte, and I recently blogged about one of their Premier Cru wines.

This wine, the cuveé Vieilles Vignes, is not a Premier Cru but it is still a wine of quality. It has a rich, almost meaty nose, and a very fresh, crisp acidic palate. I think this may be one for the cellar.

I wouldn't say I'm a huge Chablis fan - I prefer oaked Chardonnay which isn't the norm in Chablis. If I want a crisp, refreshing white wine there are lots of other wines I'd go to first, but the wines of this producer impress me.

Domaine de la Motte
Chablis Cuveé Vieilles Vignes
AOC Chablis, Burgundy, France
3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment