Monday, November 3, 2008

Brown Brothers Moscato 2007

I wanted to try this for three main reasons:
  • it was recommended by Matt Skinner
  • it's only 5.5% alcohol
  • it's cheap
I don't worship Matt Skinner, but I figure any wine recommended by these types of guys is worth a try (I've actually tried others that Mr. Skinner has recommended and disliked them).
I picked last Sunday afternoon to try this, as I was planning to watch the final race of the 2008 Formula One season. My guest for the afternoon is also a big wine fan, and we also had to supervise our toddler sons, so something low alcohol was in order.

So was it any good? I liked it. It was light, tasty, and refreshing, with a bit of effervescence left over from the partial fermentation (similar to a Portuguese Vinho Verde). It's also sweet, so if you are one of those people who thinks "sweet = bad", then you may want to avoid it. It's perfect for lunchtime or afternoon, or just if you want something that's not going to go to your head.

Brown Brothers
Moscato 2007
South Eastern Australia
Tesco
£5.19
3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment