Saturday, December 13, 2008

Blason de Bourgogne Mâcon Villages 2007

This is an entry-level white Burgundy purchased from Asda. It's made by the Blason de Bourgogne series of co-operatives.

A co-operative is a winery that buys its grapes from its own members (the farmers), so usually has their best interests in mind.
I usually root for these wine co-ops. In France and Italy, I think they make decent, affordable wine from the more interesting wine regions of these countries.

I was a bit disappointed by this wine, however. It wasn't terrible, but it had a very sugary taste that just said "cheap Chardonnay". Maybe I shouldn't feel too let down, it wasn't expensive and I'm not a huge Chardonnay fan anyways. I don't think 2007 was a brilliant vintage either.

Blason does a nice rosé Crémant de Bourgogne which Waitrose usually has on offer in the summer for under £10.

Blason de Bourgogne
Mâcon Villages AC, 2007
Burgundy, France
Asda
~£5
2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment