Sunday, December 28, 2008

La Grille Cool Fermented Chenin Blanc 2007

This wine for me was the hit of the holidays. It was recommended in Decanter magazine as a good "party wine" purchase for the holiday season. It over delivers on both quality and value.

This is a cool-fermented, lees-aged Chenin Blanc from the Anjou region in the Loire Valley. I never suspected I'd taste a wine like this from the Loire and it not being a Vouvray, let alone one only costing £5.

I love this off-dry, flowery, aromatic style of white wine, and I was so pleased with it I've just ordered a case of 12. It will be great on its own and with everything from fish to spicy food.

Get some, now.

PS I noticed today that La Grille also produce a barrel-fermented, oak-aged Chenin Blanc that is available in Waitrose. I haven't tried this wine, and it's made by a different wine maker (although still "La Grille"). I imagine it would be quite a different wine to this one, but it would be interesting to try, nonetheless.

La Grille
Cool fermented Chenin Blanc
Anjou, Loire Valley, France
Majestic
£4.99 (when you buy 2 bottles)
4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment