Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Oddbins Own Red 2008

This isn't terribly different than the Cuveé de Richard in my last post.  An easy drinking glugger from the Languedoc-Roussillon region in France, and similarly priced.  I'd say the Cuveé de Richard just shades it though.  The Oddbins version is slighter rougher around the edges, and with perhaps a bit more length, but overall it didn't seem as enjoyable.

Not bad if you want a cheap bottle of red that won't make you gag, but I would rather pay an extra £1.50 and get something genuinely decent.

Oh, and this is produced by Paul Mas, who seems to have quite a few fans among wine writers. I've tried his VdP d'Oc Cabernet, and wasn't a fan of that either.  Perhaps it's just a style I don't appreciate.  If anyone can recommend something by him that they think I should try, please do so.

Oddbins Own Red 2008
Languedoc, France
Oddbins
£4.49
2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment