Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sainsbury's Limited Release Spanish Rosé 2008

This a decent Spanish rosé at a decent price. I've said it before, but if you like rosé then your best bet for value for money is Spain.

This is a blend of Tempranillo and Shiraz (do we really care?), is light to medium bodied and is perfectly enjoyable on its own or with food.

I'm not sure what the deal is with Sainsbury's and these 'Limited Release' wines. Can someone fill me in? They don't seem to be of staggeringly high quality (despite what it says on the label: 'great quality fine wines'), and they always seem to be half price. How is this supposed to fit in with the 'Taste the Difference range'? I mean, this is OK and good value at £3.99 (yes, half price), but you'd have to be out of your mind to pay full price for it.

Anyway, despite the confusion this rosé is a good deal and I recommend it. Just don't try it immediately after brushing your teeth like I did, unless you enjoy the taste of cough syrup.

Sainsbury's
Limited Release Spanish Rosé 2008
Castilla y Leon, Spain
£3.99 (£7.99)
3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment