Thursday, June 25, 2009

Tagus Creek Grande Vinho 2006

This is a super-affordable "big" red wine from the Ribatejo region of Portugal.

It's a blend of Shiraz and Touriga Nacional, a grape more famous for its use in port. Although the wine is quite full-bodied and rich, I don't think it quite lives up to the hype on the label. I find it a bit soft and grapey, but there are hints of complexity and it's drinkable for sure.

It was on offer for £5.99, so I bought a few bottles of it, and have only just opened the last one. Everyone I've served it to seems to really like it, so I'd say it's a success. At that price, it's definitely a good wine to stock up on if you're on a budget and feel like something with a bit of oomph to it.

Grande Vinho 2006
Ribatejo, Portugal
Waitrose
£5.99 (~£8)
3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment